Your Privacy Protected
My Pet Gift Box takes the security and privacy of your information very seriously and are happy to answer any questions so please do not hesitate to contact our Data Controllers by email email@example.com (Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm)
The information we collect about you is used for processing your order and collecting information about your browsing actions and patterns so we can personalise your browsing and shopping experience. This information is collected and stored lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) under the jurisdiction of the UK Information Commissioners Office. www.ico.gov.uk
During the registration or ordering process we collect some or all of the following information:
- Your name and address
- Your contact telephone numbers (to enable us to contact you in the event of a query)
- Your e-mail address
- For credit/debit card purchases, your card details
- Some information about your computer, including where available your IP address
We will confirm your personal details on our order confirmation. If you have registered you may check, amend or remove your personal details by clicking the login button. If you are not registered you may check, amend or remove your personal details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to our UK Office at the address. By registering or ordering through our website you consent to the collection and processing of your personal details by us.
GDPR Regulation 25th May 2018
You are no doubt aware, the General Data Protection Regulation known as GDPR takes effect on 25thMay 2018. This affects all companies in the EU and the way they keep information about their customers. Part of the regulation requires us to inform you about the data we keep and how we do it – so here goes.
What personal information do we hold about you and why?
- If you have purchased any product from us by mail order or on line, the personal information we hold about you may include your name and address and possibly your contact numbers and email address.
- This personal information is needed for the purposes of providing you with an estimate/quotation or we have issued an invoice(s) for the services or goods provided by us.
- If you have subscribed to our mailing list the only information held is your email address with the time and date of joining.
Who do we share your information with?
- Your details will never be shared without good reason and will remain under our control and management always.
- In some situations, such as direct delivery it may be necessary to share your personal information with a manufacturer or one of our trade suppliers and delivery services. The data passed will be limited to that necessary to complete the order.
- We will never sell your data to a third party. Personal data is not shared with anyone.
Keeping your information safe
Our personal information (customer data) is kept securely on a dedicated server under the administration of a Data Controller in the UK.
We treat the security of storing your personal information seriously. All data stored on our servers is kept secured to current UK PCI standards, a certificate of conformity is available if required.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep your information only if it is necessary. If we have entered into a contract with you and received payment for goods/services provided, it is necessary to keep your information for up to 7 years to satisfy tax regulations. If you subscribe to a mailing list, the information is kept until you unsubscribe from the list. It is then irrevocably deleted.
The essential premise on why we retain data is because there was “Legitimate Interest” in our products or services.
This means that the person listed in the data ordered a product off My Pet Gift Box or enquired to receive information.
The purpose of processing the data is undertaken on the basis of that legitimate interest, because the interest is not outweighed by the impact on the rights of the individual’s fundamental rights and freedoms. This is particularly the case because the specific purpose pursued was very clear and compelling.
If you no longer feel that there is a legitimate interest in our products and services and you no longer wish to receive any news or offers we completely understand and will remove the respective data from our records.
Access to your information and other rights
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy. You should submit your request to us in writing by email to the Send a Cuddly UK Data Controller email@example.com and by post at:
- My Pet Gift Box
- Mortimer Avenue,
- Devon TQ3 1LR
You can also request us to:
- Correct any information that you believe is incorrect or incomplete
- Erase information we hold about you although you should be aware that for le legal reasons (tax and accounting as mentioned above) however we may be unable to erase certain information.
Contact responsible persons
The GDPR regulation requires us to have an appointed Data Controller who is responsible for the secure data storage. The Data Controller is your direct contact for all EU and UK enquires and can assist with any questions and delete or amend records if necessary.
If you need to contact us please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org